KEY NEEO PROJECT RESULTS
30. Registration for NEEO conference is now open to all interested
A website has been created during the summer months for the NEEO final conference. You are invited to register for Subject-Repositories: European Collaboration in the International Context on 28-29 January 2010 in the British Library Conference Centre, London via our conference website.We hope to see you there!
29. NEEO released test version 1.4.2 of the NEEO portal
NEEO is working hard on the design and functionalitites of the NEEO portal and has just released test version 1.4.2.At the moment the test version is only open to researchers at NEEO partner institutes. The final version 2.0 will be presented to the public in 2010.
28. NEEO welcomes three new partners
Neeo is pleased to announce that three new partners have just joined the group to showcase their work and contribute to providing more material open access online. They are: Université catholique de Louvain (B), Université de Genève (CH), Universität Konstanz (D). The Neeo consortium now numbers 21 partners.
27. NEEO Final Conference 28-29 January 2010: Subject Repositories 2010: Economists Online – a new step in European collaboration
The provisional programme for the NEEO final conference includes top names in the areas of libraries, information and repositories:
Dr. Paul Ayris
26. NEEO to host a conference on subject repositories in London 2010
High profile speakers will place the Economists Online service into context through regional comparisons of subject repository development worldwide, before casting their eyes to the future. Workshops will discuss success factors and challenges in the areas of content recruitment, infrastructure and interoperability, multilingual tools, intellectual property rights, data sets and usage statistics.
We hope you will be able to join us in London in the New Year. Further information, including speakers, the programme, how to register, local information (hotels and travel arrangements), will be available shortly.
25. Economists Online asking for feedback from researchers
24. New Economists Online portal goes live for NEEO partners
Feedback from the NEEO project participants and their researchers will be considered for the design of the next version of the service. The public can expect access to the second version, which will cover access to the direct research results of over 800 researchers in some 20 prestigious economics institutions (e.g. the universities of Oxford, Warwick and Carlos III Madrid) in autumn 2009.
23. NEEO chooses Dataverse software
The DVN software is already popular among some well known research institutions and archives. Dataverse is easy to use and it contains features that effectively promote datasharing among scholars. Dataverse enables the citation of datasets, local branding of the software, tracking download statistics and it includes customizable DDI data description templates. Partners can choose whether they upload the datasets or decide to store the datasets locally and provide links to the data in the DDI metadata. In 2009 all NEEO partners will be actively collecting datasets that are underpinning scholarly publications.
22. Two new partners for NEEO
21. NEEO returns from a successful EC mid-term review NEEO had its mid-term review at the European Commission at its offices in Luxembourg on 4 December 2008. The EC concluded that NEEO was a good project, with particular strengths in project management, up2date technical solutions, and content delivery. The EC also posed a number of questions, ranging from asking about the stability of the system, sustainability of the service after the end of the project, and partner participation. The EC also made additional helpful comments such as alerting us to the value in our comprehensive metadata stock which puts us at an advantage compared to any publisher. If you have any ideas on what kinds of other services we could develop based on our metadata apart from our automated publication lists, please let us know by email@example.com
20. A NEEO JEL Dictionary of economics terms DOWNLOAD
19. NEEO Executive Summary DOWNLOAD
18. The NEEO Technical Guidelines have been finalised DOWNLOAD
17. The Mid Term Project Meeting was held on 4 September 2008 in London at University College London (UCL). In total, 38 NEEO project participants were present to review the work executed, results achieved and challenges made in the first year.
16. NEEO published a public Annual Report on year 1 with detailed information on the project’s progress. DOWNLOAD
15. NEEO facts and figures after 1 year:
14. Over 800 authors collaborating in NEEO
13. Interim content results
12. The Meresco open source software suite. (of the company Seek You Too ) has been chosen as the basis for thetechnical infrastructure of the NEEO Gateway
11. Final NEEO SOA Architecture Design DOWNLOAD
10. NEEO IPR toolkit DOWNLOAD
9. NEEO User Requirement Report – DOWNLOAD
8. NEEO Technical Guidelines (working document) DOWNLOAD <pclass=”font_columntext”>7.NEEO leaflet DOWNLOAD
6. Participation on a panel at the Academic Publishing in Europe: Quality & Publishing Conference: 22-23 January 2008
5. Presentation at the First DRIVER Summit, 16-17 January 2008
4. Economists Online SOA architecture design. DOWNLOAD
3. NEEO Survey launched to gather views about Economists Online
2. NEEO Project Presentation (PowerPoint) DOWNLOAD
1. NEEO Project Flyer. DOWNLOAD
Home » RESULTS